Weekly Legislative Update for Friday, April 28
South Carolina Association of Convenience Stores
· 4/24 – Attended DHEC underground storage tank regulations briefing
· 4/25 – Attended House Judiciary Committee
o S. 359 (unfair trade practices for motor fuel retailers) received a favorable report as amended
o H. 3138 (special permits for beer and wine at festivals) and S. 275 (breweries) were not taken up due to time constraints
· 4/25 – Attended reception for Sen. Vincent Sheheen (D-Kershaw), Sen. Mike Fanning (D-Fairfield), and Sen. Glenn Reese (D-Spartanburg)
·4/26 – Attended reception for Sen. Ronnie Sabb (D-Williamsburg), Sen. Kevin Johnson (D-Clarendon), and Sen. Kent Williams (D-Marion)
· 4/26 – Attended Keep the Majority reception
· 4/27 – SCACS Legislative Breakfast, took SCACS members to the lobby for a Senate introduction by Sen. Shane Martin (R-Spartanburg) and Sen. Larry Grooms (R-Berkeley) and a House introduction by House Ways and Means Chairman Brian White (R-Anderson)
· 4/27 – H. 3516 (roads bill) received third reading in the Senate and was returned to the House with amendments. It was amended on the Senate floor on 4/26 to include tax relief provisions.
· 4/27 – Attended SCACS board meeting
Please find your bill charts and Session newsletter attached.