South Carolina Convenience Stores Hall of Fame was established in 2016, the SC Convenience Stores Hall of Fame honors pioneers and leaders in the industry who have made a significant contribution to the development, advancement or promotion of the convenience stores industry and have close ties to the State of South Carolina.
CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES:
The candidate(s) should have accomplishments such as:
- Long tenure in the industry.
- Creation or development of an innovative product or marketing introductions.
- Creation or development of a manufacturing process or marketing effort, which significantly improved (the success of) the process or product.
- Leadership and service of/to the industry
- An unimpeachable record of integrity and respect in the industry.
- A prominent role in:
- Promoting the public’s awareness and appreciation of the importance of the industry in the lives of consumers, or
- Promoting the public’s awareness of the c-store industry as a significant and responsible member of the business community.
- No current SCACS board member may be nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame during his/her board tenure.
- The individual nominated must have been born in SC and made their contribution in this state or elsewhere; or have been a native of another state and made their contribution in South Carolina.
SCACS Hall of Fall Inductees:
Eddie Buck Sr.
SCACS President 1992-1993
“For his vision and contributions in strengthening SCACS”
Ken & Sarilla Cosgrove
“For their commitment, determination, dedication and faithfulness to the SCACS”
“For his wisdom, passion and compassion for the SCACS”
“To one of the founding members of SC Association of Convenience Stores. His passion, dedication and vision built this great association”