PEI COMPILES LIST OF CRITICAL RESOURCES FOR HURRICANE FLORENCE PREPARATION, RECOVERY
If you’ve been affected by Hurricane Florence, please let PEI know how you’re doing and how PEI members can help.
To report chemical spills or releases, call the National Response Center: 800-424-8802. Other critical resources include:
Latest Weather Bulletin (National Hurricane Center)
Latest Storm Surge Map (NOAA)
- Get real-time alerts from the National Weather Service for up to five locations nationwide.
- Learn emergency safety tips for more than 20 disaster types, including hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, tornadoes.
- Locate open emergency shelters in your area and find disaster recovery centers where you can talk to FEMA in person.
- Toggle between English and Spanish.
- Register yourself as safe and well.
- Search for others who have registered themselves safe and well.
- Free messaging.
- Communicate without internet, cellular coverage or data.
Multi-State FMCSA Waivers (Sigma)
Energy Waiver Library (DOE)
- Real-time traffic, road information.
- Community-shared gas prices.
Energy Infrastructure with Real-Time Storm Information (Energy Information Administration)
Timeline to Prep for a Hurricane (Ready.gov)
Oil and Natural Gas Industry Preparedness Handbook (American Petroleum Institute)
Playbook for an Effective All-Hazards Chemical Sector Response (Chemical Sector Coordinating Council and Department of Homeland Security)
Disaster Assistance (DisasterAssistance.gov)
Training Guide to Ethanol Emergency Response (EthanolResponse.com)
PEI Recommended Practices
- RP500: Inspection and Maintenance of Motor Fuel Dispensing Equipment
- RP900: Inspection and Maintenance of UST Systems
- RP1200: Testing and Verification of Spill, Overfill, Leak Detection and Secondary Containment Equipment at UST Facilities
- RP1400: Design and Installation of Fueling Systems for Emergency Generators, Stationary Diesel Engines and Oil Burner Systems
Founded in 1951, PEI is composed of more than 1,600 companies engaged in manufacturing and distributing equipment used in the fuel and fluid handling industry. Members are located in 50 states and 81 countries. PEI, headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is the leading authority and source of information for the fuel and fluid handling equipment and services industry. For more information, visit www.pei.org.