Parker’s to Host 7th Annual Fueling the Community
Charity Golf Tournament on Oct. 22 in Savannah, Ga.
WHO: Parker’s, an award-winning convenience store company with locations across coastal Georgia and the South Carolina Lowcountry.
WHAT: 2019 Fueling the Community Charity Golf Tournament. Parker’s will host the 7th Annual Fueling the Community Charity Golf Tournament, which raises money to support education at all area schools as well as hospitals and other causes tied to the communities Parker’s serves.Since its founding in 2011, the Fueling the Community program at Parker’s has donated more than $1 million to schools in coastal Georgia and South Carolina and has also endowed the Parker’s Emergency and Trauma Center at Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Ga. In addition to money raised at the golf tournament, Parker’s also donates a portion of the proceeds of gas sold at all Parker’s locations on the first Wednesday of every month to the Fueling the Community program.
The scramble-format tournament will also feature closest to the pin, longest drive and putting contests. Individual and team registration closes on Friday, Sept. 27. To register or to learn more about sponsorship opportunities, please visit https://parkerskitchen.com/giving-back/charity-golf-tournament/
WHEN: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
WHERE: The Club at Savannah Harbor
2 Resort Drive
NOTE: Members of the media are welcome to attend. Interviews will be available on-site with Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker as well as Parker’s President Jeff Bush.
Parker’s is strategically redefining America’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and food service companies. In addition to world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders, Parker’s Kitchen also serves made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 150,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $10 million to date. For more information about Parker’s, visit www.parkersav.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● 2019 Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
● 2018 Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Keep Liberty Beautiful Award – Coastal Courier
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store– Jesup Press-Sentinel
● Citizen of the Year Award – Frank Callen Boys and Girls Club
● Community Hero Award – 100 Black Men of Savannah