South Carolina Petroleum Marketers Association (SCPMA) is pleased to offer
HazMat Certification Training
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
SCPMA, 1809 Gadsden Street, Columbia SC
What Will We Cover?
In accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations, our course will include the following elements:
- General awareness/familiarization
- Function-specific, training
- Security awareness
- In-depth security training, if a security plan is required
All participants will be required to complete a written exam and must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly to be certified.
Who Should Attend?
Hazardous Material Shippers, Receivers, Brokers, Handlers and Transporters.
Persons designated as “Hazardous Materials” employees have 90 days to receive this training. Retraining is required at least every 3 years. Drivers should be aware that additional endorsements may be required by the State Department of Motor Vehicles for each hazmat employee who will operate a motor vehicle. For example, Hazardous Material employees who drive and transport certain quantities of Hazardous Materials may be required to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with a Hazardous Material endorsement.
What Does Registration Cost?
- * SCPMA & SCACS Members – $95
- * Non-Members – $150
What Does Registration Include?
- Each participant will receive a copy of the DOT Hazardous Materials Pocketguide and the Emergency Response Guidebook.
- Certificates will be distributed to qualified participants. The certificate is good for three (3) years.
- Breakfast biscuits, coffee, water and soft drinks will be provided.
Please click here to complete your online registration.
Deadline to Register is Monday, November 18, 2019.